Genius Hour
What I am going to learn about is how a bone heals and how the body reacts to the injury. I wanted to learn about this topic is because I have experienced many injuries with broken, fractured and sprained bones before, and I wanted to learn how the body reacts and how the bone heals.
L- What I wonder about is how long does the bone take to heal and If the bone can ever be as strong as before it was broken and/or fractured. How this could benefit others is it could help me, my team and family to learn about how bones are healed because injuries could happen with a bone being broken, fractured and sprained and knowing how they get healed would help us know the information of how it is healed to get better if it happens to anyone.
A- Questions:
- How long do bones take to heal?
- What are different things can happen to our bones?
- How does the body react to a broken/fractured bone?
- Can a bone break multiple times?
- After breaking a bone can it get stronger than it was before it broke, fractured or sprained?
- Why does it bruise when it brakes, fractures or gets sprained?
- Does ice actually help heal the bone?
- If you keep it in one spot for a long period of time without moving it does it help it heal?
- Is there any natural treatments that help it heal quicker?
- Does a cast help it heal quicker?
What I need to learn about:
What I need to learn about is how the bone heals, what happens to our body reacts to the injureries, methods used to help heal the bone and if there is any natural treatments to help the bone heal faster.
N- Research: (more on slides)
-Depends on the persons age and the location of the break for how long it takes to heal
-Laser acupuncture helps heal bones in a natural way
-blood clot forms around the break
-The benefits of acupuncture can include, but are not limited to: pain relief, decreased swelling, muscle relaxation, breaking down scar tissue, pain modulation and endorphin release, changes in autonomic nervous system activity, diverse neuroendocrine and immune responses, general relaxation, stress reduction and a feeling of psychophysical well being, improved sleep, nausea relief during chemotherapy.
C-
-Depends on the persons age and the location of the break for how long it takes to heal
-Laser acupuncture helps heal bones in a natural way
-blood clot forms around the break
-The benefits of acupuncture can include, but are not limited to: pain relief, decreased swelling, muscle relaxation, breaking down scar tissue, pain modulation and endorphin release, changes in autonomic nervous system activity, diverse neuroendocrine and immune responses, general relaxation, stress reduction and a feeling of psychophysical well being, improved sleep, nausea relief during chemotherapy.
C-
H- What worked was to successfully learn about bones heal after and injurery. I also made a tinkercad design of a sceleton but I have no idea if its going to print or not. My slides came out perfect just how I wanted it to turn out!

No comments:
Post a Comment